Acts of kindness ideas
And just like that we are in the first week of November. This year, like every year, we look for sustainable and mindful ideas to gift with intention.
Hunting around for more stuff to give people just because it's that time of year can make us feel out of alignment with our own values. What are some ways of getting into the seasonal gifting spirit that express + share our inner truth with friends, colleagues + fam?
As a team WE-AR focussing on gifting something practical that will be happily used again and again (cue our yoga mat) or choosing to support a charity, giving back to the earth through community tree planting days or taking part in a beach clean. Check out below for more ideas for acts of kindness this Christmas.
SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY
- Donate blood - https://www.nzblood.co.nz/give-blood/
- Volunteer at a local community centre or garden to help provide food for those in need
- Gift a Christmas package - https://www.baldangels.org.nz/projects-campaigns/toy-drive-christmas-food-parcels/
PROTECT ANIMALS & NATURE
- Donate to a charity that protects animals - https://www.petrefuge.org.nz/donate/
- Join a beach clean up - https://www.seashepherd.org.nz/latest-news/beach-cleanups/
- Gift a tree - https://grow.treesthatcount.co.nz/gift/trees/
- Volunteer in your local area - https://www.doc.govt.nz/get-involved/volunteer/in-your-region/
- Grow your own gifts - propagate a plant and gift to your loved ones
- Scrap materials for projects
- Cards from recycled paper, gift wrap and boxes